Build Your Own Salmon River trip. We specialize in putting together custom, charter, luxury camping, and private trips – it is one of our passions. Close to half of our trips are private or chartered and we have crafted custom itineraries and catered to unique needs and interests. Give us a call and we can create a private trip with groups as small as 18 people. We also have fixed prices for private trips with fewer than 18 guests.
Part of the reason we run so many trips like this is that we make it easy to plan and put a group together. Trips can be fancy and custom or as simple as having a private trip on our standard (amazing!) itinerary. We also have a handy group organizer tool that makes it easy for group organizers to invite people and leaves all the payment collecting to us.
Some of the most popular options on the Idaho Salmon include:
- Fishing or hiking focused trips
- High adventure Inflatable Kayaking trips – everyone is in a kayak including guides (though gear is still transported in rafts). These trips are amazing and allow guides to focus completely on teaching the finer points of river running.
- Small private trips where it’s just you and your family, you and your son or daughter, you and a few close friends, etc.
- Luxury Camping & Safari Style trips
- Wine tasting – a Momentum guest favorite!
Other ideas include:
- Kosher meals
- Bachelor and bachelorette parties
These are just some of the ideas! You might be amazed at what can happen on a river trip. So, give us a call, tell us what you need, and we will work with you to create the perfect trip We have one of the most experienced guide staff’s in the country and there are very few needs and interests that we can’t figure out.
Pricing & Group Sizes:
- There is a fixed cost for custom groups with 2 to 18 people. Custom trips can go as large as 24 people (cost increases per person from 18 – 24 people).
- Pricing includes our normal amenities (including private flight) and can include many add-ons and focuses.
- Custom itineraries and Safari style trip pricing depends on what you want, but there are very few limits!
- Once again, the options are endless.
Private / Custom Trip Scheduling and Planning:
On the Salmon we have fixed ‘launch’ dates during the main part of the season that are the same every year. Unfortunately, unlike with many other rivers, we are not able to change or launch on any other dates during this time. The launch must be free of other reservations to make it a private or custom trip so advanced planning is highly recommended. Most are booked 8 to 12 months in advance, although we do occasionally get last minute requests that we are able to fit. On a typical year our Salmon trips are completely full and about half of our dates are custom or private trips.
Salmon Launch Dates:
- June 28
- July 6, 14, 22, 30
- August 7, 15, 23, 31
- Custom dates before June 28th and after August 31st are available.
We understand that putting a group together can be difficult sometimes – like herding cats! However, this is what we do and we have lots of ways to make it easier on the group planner, from separate invoices, to holding spaces while you get the group together, to sharing features on sites like Facebook. We can help make the planning process as easy as possible, and once you get to the river you are done – we take it all from there. Give us a call or email and we’ll get things started– it’s easy!
You choose the dates…
You choose your companions…
You choose your style….
And we make it happen!