Momentum River Expeditions offers world-class rafting trips in California, Oregon, Idaho, and Alaska. We have a summer base in McCall ID. We focus on small trips with a focus on personal service, attention to detail, and unique wilderness experiences. Part of what makes us stand out from the competition is our food. In order to ensure that guests are treated to three quality meals a day, we are looking for a person to shop for and pack food for our summer trips. This person will work out of our house in the McCall area and pick-up food from stores in and around McCall.
- Enthusiastic (we have a great staff that is really positive)
- Self-starter (trips need to be packed on a certain date, but you will set your own schedule)
- Independent (you will be the only one doing this particular job)
- Very Detail oriented (there are no grocery stores out on the river – everything needs to get packed correctly)
- You will be following a shopping list, shopping (mostly Albertsons) and ordering (from Sysco), picking up the food, and then packing it in a certain order in coolers for the guides. NOTE: You will need access to a vehicle to transport groceries.
- We have a very detailed system and step-by-step directions and we will train you and you will work with our food manager for the first trip.
- This season – Starting on June 10th – we have trips leaving every 8 days through mid-August (there is an opportunity to work through mid-Sept).
- Once a person gets that hang of it each trip can be packed in 2 days of work (including ordering, shopping, and packing). So that is 2 days every 8 days.
- Trip Schedule. Coolers need to be packed by the evening of the following days:
6/10/23 (training pack)
There are more dates into mid Sept for those interested.
- Pay starting at $650 per trip.
- Next year there will be double the number of trips (so 4 to 5 days every 8 days) so there is room to grow.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume to Pete at:
Please do not call the office. E-mail inquiries only.
Thank you so much!