Momentum River Expeditions is looking for experienced river guides with at 5 or more years of experience, a passion for guiding, a passion for people, and a passion for wild rivers. We have an extremely high return rate among guides (nobody ever completely leaves : )). However, as we grow we have a few openings each year for experienced guides and we are looking for two more guides to join our team this season (and hopefully for many future seasons).
Why Guides like working for Momentum
– A small company with a big company’s menu of rivers.
– Trip variation – in the course of a few weeks you might work a 3-day class V, a half day class III+, a downriver 4-day family trip, and lead an inflatable kayaking trip (class V is not required)
– There may not be another company in the U.S. that has a busier or more diverse spring season. It is awesome.
– During the summer we don’t run bump and grind low water trips. Our bread and butter summer runs are dam released or big water rivers.
– Custom trips with small groups – from airport to river to airport we have custom itineraries with groups that have been as small as 2 people.
– We are deeply committed to the environment and environmental causes.
– You get to work with some of the best guides in the world.
– We have high standards and idealistic goals. We do not always make it, but we always keep trying and learning.
– We are proud of the trips we run – Guests come first.
– Great pay – generally the best in the industry.
– A ton of work.
– The Ashland area is an amazing place to live and offers a more balanced lifestyle.
– Amazing guests – this is something we hear over and over from our guides.
If interested please email your resume.
Pete Wallstrom & the Staff of Momentum River Expeditions